Thursday, November 22, 2012

Dangerous Links

When I was reading Jean's blog this morning she mentioned Arne and Carlos have a New Easter knitting book out. Then she went on to say that while looking at that book, Amazon led her to another book. She didn't say what the book was. She just shared the link, followed by the declaration that she "had to have it."

Okay. The small voice in my head telling me not to click on that link got completely drowned out by the louder voice saying "trust Jean." I clicked, and faster than Robbie Burns could pen poetry this found its way into my cart.



Here's the Amazon UK description:

Scotland is one of the greatest small countries in the world. Now you can have your very own miniature woolly version to celebrate Scotland in all its glory. With Robert Burns as a knitted National Bard, Braveheart William Wallace, Billy Connolly, Andy Murray, Nessie, a Scotty dog, a knitted Saltire flag, and much much more! Knit Your Own Scotland is a unique and beautiful collection of iconic symbols from Scotland. There's even a Scotch pie or some shortbread if you're feeling hungry. All knitted, of course.

I was probably doomed anyway, but here's the thing. See the wee Scotty dog on the cover? Now imagine the black yarn exchanged for white. Exactly. I was powerless to resist. Are you?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you white knitted dog ! I am only just taken by knitting again so I wait to hear from you how easy it is!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll report back once I attempt to knit it. As a fellow Westie owner I'm sure you could see why I had to buy the book! :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see your Scotland knits! how cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I am interested in is seeing a pattern for shortbread. I can't even begin to imagine what that would look like. As much as I love to eat shortbread, I have to say it really isn't the most beautiful cookie. I'm not sure how they will make it look nice with yarn. :-)

      Delete